- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 500ml/18fl oz vegetable stock
- 200g/7oz quick-cooking couscous
- 75g/3oz ready-to-eat prunes
- 75g/3oz ready-to-eat dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- salt and freshly ground black peppe
- Dry-roast the cumin seeds over a low heat in a non-stick frying pan for a
few minutes, stirring constantly. Crush the seeds finely using a mortar
and pestle, and set aside.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large saucepan, add the couscous and
stir well. Turn off the heat, cover the pan and leave to stand for
10 minutes. Use a fork to fluff the couscous.
- Using scissors, snip the dried fruit into the couscous, then add the cumin
seeds, oil and half of the coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Fork
through until evenly mixed.
- Turn into a serving bowl and sprinkle with the remaining coriander.
Serve hot or at room temperature