- 3 large tomatoes
- 8 large mushrooms with stalks,
- wiped with damp kitchen paper
- 1 small onion, grated
- 25g/1oz butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/
375°F/Gas mark 5.
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl of justboiled water for 30 seconds. Peel
off the skins and chop the flesh.
- Remove the mushroom stalks. Chop
the stalks; mix with the tomatoes,
grated onion, butter and parsley.
Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the mushrooms cap side down
in a large greased ovenproof dish.
Fill each one with the stuffing.
- Cover with foil, and bake in the
oven for about 30 minutes.