- 3 baking potatoes, scored into quarters
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 50g/2oz lean smoked back
- bacon, roughly chopped
- 175g/6oz brown cap mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 100g/4oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 11⁄2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 50g/2oz Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Put the potatoes in a
baking dish, and bake in the oven for 1 hour or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, and sauté
the bacon until cooked. Add the mushrooms and continue to sauté until
any excess moisture has evaporated. Remove from the heat. Blend the
cream cheese, milk, mustard and half of the Cheddar cheese in a bowl.
- When the potatoes are cooked, quarter them and scrape out the inside,
leaving a thin layer of potato on the skin. Put the potato flesh to one
side. Put the skins on a baking tray, and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Mash the potato flesh, and stir into the cheese mixture with the cooked
bacon and mushrooms. Pile the mixture into the potato skins, and
sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Return the potato skins to the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.