- 450g/1lb minced lamb
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g/7oz stale coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 onions, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh
- flat-leaf parsley 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- For the yogurt sauce
- 50ml/2fl oz Greek-style yogurt
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- In a blender or food processor, purée all the ingredients until smooth and
paste-like. Divide the lamb mixture into two portions, and mould each
half around a separate metal skewer to form two long sausage shapes.
- Just before serving, grill or barbecue both of the koftas until browned and
cooked through, turning from time to time while cooking.
- Combine all the ingredients for the yogurt sauce in a small bowl. Add
2 tablespoons water, mix well and serve with the hot or warm koftas.