- 1 smoked mackerel fillet, skinned
- 50g/2oz cottage cheese
- 60ml/21/2 fl oz sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried fennel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Purée the mackerel in a food
processor or blender.
- Add the cottage cheese, sour
cream, lemon juice, fennel and dill.
Continue blending until smooth,
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl.
Season with salt, pepper and
nutmeg to taste.
- Divide the mixture among four
individual pots or dishes, cover
and chill for 24 hours.