- 350g/12oz filet mignon or similar tender cut of beef
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 75ml/3fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and
- gently squeezed dry sea salt
- 200g/7oz rocket leaves, rinsed
- and thinly sliced, to serve
- 75g/3oz Parmesan cheese, freshly
- grated or shaved, to serve
- Wrap the beef in cling film; freeze for about 1 hour until firm. Cut the
beef across the grain into 5mm/1⁄8in slices. Put the slices between two
sheets of cling film, and pound with a mallet or rolling pin until paper
thin. Roll the beef up in cling film once again, and chill for 1 hour.
- To make the vinaigrette, whiz the lemon juice, vinegar, oil and salt in a
blender until smooth. Pour into a small bowl, and stir in the capers.
- Arrange the beef slices in a single layer on one large serving plate or
six individual plates. Toss the rocket with half the dressing. Pile the rocket
on top of the beef. Top with the Parmesan, and serve accompanied by
the remaining dressing.