- 8 rashers back bacon
- 200g/7oz onion, chopped
- 450g/1lb potatoes, cubed
- 275g/10oz canned condensed chicken soup
- 600ml/1pt milk
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, sauté the
bacon until crisp. Remove and
drain on kitchen paper. Sauté the
onions in the bacon fat over a
medium heat until soft and golden.
- Add the potatoes and enough
water to cover. Cover the pan, and
cook for 15–20 minutes until the
potatoes are tender.
- Stir together the condensed soup
and milk until smooth, and add to
potato mixture. Heat but do not
allow to boil. Season with salt and
pepper to taste, and stir in the dill.
- Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on
top to garnish. Serve hot