- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the potatoes in a saucepan of salted water for 15–20 minutes until
just tender. Drain and leave until cool enough to handle, then cut the
potatoes into slices.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over a low heat, add the
onion and diced potatoes, and sauté for 10–15 minutes, stirring
frequently, until soft and golden. Preheat the grill to hot.
- Add the eggs to the frying pan, and cook undisturbed for 5 minutes or
until the eggs are just beginning to set in the centre. Slide the frying pan
under the hot grill, and cook for a few minutes until the top is golden
brown. Serve the omelette hot or cold, cut into wedges.