- 15g/1/2oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g/4oz shallots, sliced
- 175g/6oz chestnut mushrooms
- 350g/12oz beef fillet, cut into
- 5mm/1⁄4in slices) 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 75ml/3fl oz double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the porcini mushrooms in a bowl, cover with hot water and leave to
soak for 20 minutes. Drain, reserving the soaking liquid, and chop the
porcini. Sieve the soaking liquid through a fine-mesh sieve and reserve.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Add the shallots, and cook over a
low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the
porcini, reserved soaking water and chestnut mushrooms. Cook, stirring
frequently, for 10 minutes or until almost all of the liquid has evaporated,
then transfer the mixture to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan, add the beef (in batches if
necessary to avoid crowding the pan) and cook, stirring frequently, for
4 minutes or until browned. Return the mushroom mixture to the frying
pan, and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the mustard and cream in a small bowl and stir to mix, then fold into
the mixture. Heat through and serve.