- 75g/3oz dried red kidney beans, soaked in cold water overnight
- 75g/3oz dried black-eyed beans, soaked in cold water overnight
- 75g/3oz dried borlotti beans, soaked in cold water overnight
- 125ml/4fl oz vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 onion, sliced into rings salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drain the kidney, black-eyed and
borlotti beans. Put in a saucepan,
cover with water and bring to the
boil. Boil rapidly for 10 minutes,
then simmer gently for 11⁄2 hours
until tender. Drain the cooked
beans thoroughly, and put them in
a large salad bowl.
- Combine the vinaigrette and
coriander, and pour over the beans
while they are still warm. Toss
thoroughly and leave to cool for
- Mix the onion into the beans, and
season well with salt and pepper.
Chill for 2–3 hours before serving.