This recipe can be easily modified to fit your taste preferences. For example, you can add vegetables to the casserole, such as chopped carrots, celery, or onions. You can also add different types of cheese, such as cheddar or Swiss cheese. If you want a spicier casserole, you can add a teaspoon of chili powder or cayenne pepper to the mixture.
Chicken and shrimp casserole is a delicious and versatile dish that is sure to please everyone at the table. It is a great option for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion meal.
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 lg. frying chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 can minced clams
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c. sherry
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined
- Dredge chicken in flour. Brown lightly in skillet. Place in casserole. Saute onion lightly. Add garlic, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, basil, parsley, paprika, clams with liquid,mushrooms and sherry.
- Simmer 10 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. When ready to serve, uncover casserole and add shrimp. Cover shrimp with sauce and bake 10 minutes more at 350 degrees.
Here are some tips for making this dish:Use fresh, high-quality ingredients. The better the ingredients, the better the dish will taste. Don't overcook the chicken. Chicken is done cooking when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Overcooked chicken will be dry and tough. Don't overcook the shrimp. Shrimp is done cooking when it turns pink and opaque. Overcooked shrimp will be tough and rubbery. Use a light hand when seasoning the dish. You can always add more seasoning, but it's hard to take it away. Bake the casserole until it is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve the casserole hot and enjoy!