- 25g/1oz cornflour
- 300ml/10fl oz skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon low-fat spread
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 75g/3oz low-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- 350g/12oz cooked mixed chopped vegetables
- 175g/6oz cooked chicken,
- skin removed 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Blend the cornflour in a saucepan with the milk. Add the low-fat spread.
Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
- Stir in a little salt and pepper, the mustard and two-thirds of the cheese.
Fold in the vegetables and the chicken, and season with the nutmeg and
a little more salt and pepper if required. Heat through.
- Turn into a flameproof serving dish, top with the remaining cheese and
put under the grill until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately