- 200g/7oz bottarga (Italian dried salted fish roe), grated juice of 2 lemons
- 125ml/4fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- 350g/12oz dried spaghetti
- 2 dried red chillies, crumbled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine three-quarters
of the bottarga and the lemon juice
to create a cream. Gradually stir in
the oil to form a thick sauce.
- Cook the spaghetti in lightly salted
boiling water until al dente. Drain;
reserve a little of the cooking water.
- Stir the hot cooking water into the
bottarga cream to loosen. Add the
chilli, and season with salt and
pepper. Add the spaghetti to the
sauce and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Serve immediately, scattered with
the remaining bottarga.