- 100g/4oz self-raising flour
- 1 egg white
- 150ml/5fl oz skimmed milk
- 200g/7oz canned sweetcorn kernels, drained
- vegetable oil for brushing
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the flour, egg white and milk in
a blender or food processor with
half the sweetcorn, and purée until
a smooth paste forms.
- Season well with salt and pepper,
and add the remaining sweetcorn.
- Heat a heavy frying pan over a
medium heat, and brush with oil.
Drop in tablespoons of the batter,
and cook until set and the bottom
is golden. Turn over and cook on
the other side. Serve hot.