- 4 eggs
- 15g/1⁄2oz plain flour, seasoned
- with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15g/1⁄2oz dried white breadcrumbs
- 600g/11⁄4lb mozzarella cheese sunflower oil for deep-frying
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Spread
some seasoned flour on one plate
and some breadcrumbs on another.
- Slice the mozzarella into 5mm/1⁄2in
pieces. Dredge the slices with the
flour first, then dip into the beaten
egg, then into the breadcrumbs.
Dip again into the egg and again
into the breadcrumbs to coat well.
- Pour the sunflower oil into a deep
heavy frying pan so that it is at
least 2.5cm/1in in depth. Heat
until a piece of bread dropped into
the oil sizzles immediately.
- Fry the coated cheese in the oil
until golden. Remove with a
spatula, drain on kitchen paper
and serve hot.