Chicken Empanadas are the perfect Saturday night treat! Deliciously crispy on the outside and filled with succulent chicken, these savory pastries are sure to tantalize your taste buds. Perfect for sharing with friends and family, Chicken Empanadas are a great way to end the week with a tasty and satisfying meal. With a variety of flavors and fillings, you can customize your empanadas to your own unique tastes. Whether you’re looking for a light snack or a full meal, Chicken Empanadas are sure to hit the spot. Enjoy a delicious Saturday night treat with Chicken Empanadas!
Chicken empanadas are a delicious and easy way to spice up your Saturday night dinner. These savory treats are made with a crispy, flaky pastry dough that is filled with a flavorful mix of shredded chicken, onions, peppers, and spices. They are perfect for sharing with family and friends, and can be served as an appetizer or main course.
These delicious empanadas are a great way to add a unique twist to your dinner menu. They are easy to make and can be customized with your favorite ingredients. Plus, they are a great way to get your kids involved in the cooking process. Whether you are hosting a dinner party or just looking for a tasty treat to enjoy with your family, chicken empanadas are sure to be a hit.
- 3 C. chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) packages shredded cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) packages refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 C. Velveeta cheese
- 1 C. tomatoes, diced
- In a bowl, add the chicken, cream cheese, cheese blend, jalapeño, red pepper, cumin, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place each pie crust onto a lightly floured surface and then, roll each into a 15-inch circle. With a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut the circles.
- Place 1 heaping tsp. of the chicken mixture onto the center of each dough circle. With wet fingers, moisten the edges of each circle.
- Fold the dough over the filling and press the edges to seal.
- In a deep skillet, add the vegetable oil and cook until its temperature reaches to 350 degrees F. Add the empanadas in batches and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- For the sauce: in a pan, add the cheese over medium-low heat and cook until melted completely. Add tomatoes and mix until blended nicely. With a slotted spoon, transfer the empanadas onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Enjoy warm alongside the cheese dip.