- 16 raw tiger prawns, peeled and deveined, with tails intact juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in
cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the prawns in half lengthways
down to the tail, and flatten out to
form a symmetrical shape.
- Thread a prawn onto two skewers,
with the tail in the middle. Thread
another 3 prawns onto the same
two skewers in the same way.
Repeat until you have four sets of
4 prawns on each two skewers.
- Lay the skewered prawns in a
glass or ceramic dish. Sprinkle the
lime juice over them. Combine the
spices and oil in a small bowl, and
use to coat the prawns well. Cover
and chill for 2 hours.
- Cook the prawns on a foil-lined
grill pan under a hot grill for
6 minutes, turning halfway through
cooking. Serve immediately