Treat yourself to a delicious lemon torte with the perfect balance of sweet and sour! Learn how to make this delectable dessert with our easy-to-follow recipe. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a mouth-watering lemon torte that will be sure to impress your friends and family. Our step-by-step instructions will help you create a perfectly balanced sweet and sour treat that can be served in any size. Enjoy a delicious lemon torte today!
A sweet and sour lemon torte is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is sure to impress your guests. The combination of sweet and tart flavors is a classic that is sure to be a hit. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make a perfect lemon torte that will have everyone asking for seconds.
To make the perfect lemon torte, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt. In a separate bowl, cream together ½ cup of butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time, then add the zest of one lemon and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, top with a lemon glaze made from 1 cup of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Enjoy!
Lemon Torte is a delicious sweet and sour treat that is easy to make. Our recipe will show you how to make a perfect Lemon Torte that is sure to please. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious dessert that will be a hit with everyone.
- Tart Base
- 150g almond flour
- 150g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon Filling
- 7 eggs
- 200 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1tbsp. Triple Zero sweetener
- 5 lemons, zest and juice
- Preheat oven to 180°c/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the almond flour, plain flour, 2 eggs. 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and the salt in a big bowl and mix together thoroughly, ensuring they combine evenly.
- Roll the pastry with a rolling pin into a roughly circular shape, on a lightly floured surface. Press evenly onto the bottom of a 7 inch wide, loose bottomed tart tin to form the base.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until it goes a slightly brown colour. Put aside to cool. Then lower the oven temperature to 170°c. To make the filling, whisk the eggs with a hand whisk to break the yolks and add the remaining ingredients, whisking thoroughly until totally smooth.
- Pour the filling onto the cooled tart base and bake for approximately 30 minutes. When it has cooled decorate the tart with a dust of icing sugar, shavings of unsweetened dark chocolate and mint leaves if you wish.