- 4 small rainbow trout, cleaned
- 50g/2oz low-fat spread
- 25g/1oz flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 450g/1lb potatoes, boiled, to serve
- Rinse the trout and pat dry with kitchen paper. Remove the heads
- Melt 25g/1oz of the low-fat spread in a large frying pan, and fry the
fish for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
Transfer to serving plates and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining low-fat spread in the juices in the pan. Add the
almonds and fry until golden brown. Throw in the parsley, a little salt
and pepper and the lemon juice. Spoon the sauce over the trout, and
serve immediately with the potatoes.