- 50g/2oz sultanas
- 450g/1lb tomatoes, halved
- 25g/1oz pine nuts
- 50g/2oz canned anchovies, drained and halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 675g/1lb 8oz dried penne
- Soak the sultanas in a bowl of warm water for about 20 minutes. Drain
thoroughly and set aside.
- Cook the tomatoes under a preheated grill for about 10 minutes. Leave
to cool slightly, then peel off the skin and dice the flesh.
- Put the pine nits on a baking tray, and lightly toast under the grill for
2–3 minutes until golden brown. Be careful not to scorch them.
- Put the tomatoes, pine nuts and sultanas in a small saucepan and gently
heat through. Add the anchovies and tomato purée, heating the sauce
for a further 2–3 minutes until hot. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for
8–10 minutes until al dente. Drain thoroughly.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving dish. Pour the hot sauce over the top and
toss through gently. Serve immediately