- 8 large flat mushrooms, wipedwith damp kitchen paper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g/9oz Taleggio or Brie cheese, thickly sliced
- 1 bunch of fresh lemon thyme, leaves only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/
400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Trim the stalks from the mushrooms.
Put the mushrooms, rounded cap
side down, in a medium roasting
dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil over the
mushrooms. Place the cheese slices
on top, and finally sprinkle with the
lemon thyme. Bake in the oven for
20–25 minutes until the cheese has
melted. Serve hot.