- 75g/3oz caster sugar
- 25g/1oz powdered gelatine
- 600ml/1pt fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange-flower water
- Put the sugar and 150ml/5fl oz water in a small saucepan, Heat gently
to dissolve the sugar. Pour into a heatproof bowl and leave to cool.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the surface of the syrup. Leave to stand until
the gelatine has absorbed all the liquid.
- Gently melt the gelatine over a saucepan of simmering water until it
becomes clear. Leave to cool.
- When the gelatine is cold, mix with the orange juice and orange-flower
water. Pour into a jelly mould, and chill in the refrigerator for at least
2 hours before serving.