- 300g/11oz ready-to-eat dried fruit, such as apricots, peaches or apples
- 300ml/10fl oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- 250ml/9fl oz low-fat fromage frais
- 2 egg whites
- Put the dried fruit in a saucepan,
add the orange juice and heat
gently until boiling. Reduce the
heat, cover and simmer gently for
- Cool slightly. Tip into a blender or
food processor, and purée until
smooth. Stir in the fromage frais.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl
until stiff enough to hold soft peaks,
then slowly fold into the fruit
mixture until combined.
- Spoon into four stemmed glasses,
then chill the fools for at least
1 hour before serving.