- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatine
- 100ml/31⁄2fl oz very hot water (not boiling)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 100g/4oz caster sugar
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- grated zest and juice of 1⁄2 lime
- grated zest and juice of 1⁄2 orange
- 150ml/5fl oz double or whipping cream
- 100g/4oz fromage frais
- Tie a greaseproof paper callar around a 15cm/6in soufflé dish.
- Sprinkle the gelatine into the hot water, stirring well to dissolve. Leave to
stand for 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally, to give a completely clear
liquid. Leave to cool for 10–15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until very pale and
light in texture. Add the zest and juice from the fruits, mixing well. Stir in
the cooled gelatine liquid, making sure that it is thoroughly mixed in.
- Put the cream in a large chilled bowl, and whip until it holds its shape.
Stir the fromage frais into the cream, mixing it in gently. Fold the cream
mixture into the citrus mixture using a large metal spoon.
- Using a clean whisk, beat the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff, then
gently fold into the citrus mixture using a metal spoon. Pour the mixture
into the prepared dish. Transfer to the freezer, and freeze for at least
2 hours until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.