- 900g/2lb rhubarb
- 150g/5oz sugar
- 100g/4oz butter
- 75g/3oz plain flour
- 75g/3oz Demerara sugar
- 10 amaretti biscuits, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Trim the rhubarb, cut into short lengths and put in a pan with the sugar.
Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved, then cover and simmer
for 8–10 minutes until the rhubarb is soft. Spoon into a deep 1.5-litre/
21⁄2pt ovenproof dish.
- Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs,
then stir in the sugar and biscuits.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the stewed rhubarb, and bake for 15 minutes
or until the topping is golden brown. Serve with cream or ice cream.