- 22 boudoir biscuits
- 4 tablespoons orange-flavoured liqueur such as Cointreau
- 250g/9oz dark chocolate (at least
- 70% cocoa solids), melted
- 150ml/5fl oz double cream
- 4 eggs, separated
- 150g/5oz caster sugar
- Line the bottom of a charlotte mould or a deep 18cm/7in round cake tin
with a piece of baking parchment.
- Put the boudoir biscuits on a non-reactive tray, and sprinkle with half of
the orange-flavoured liqueur. Use to line the sides of the mould or tin,
trimming if necessary to make a tight fit.
- Mix the chocolate with the double cream in a bowl, and beat in the egg
yolks. Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until standing in stiff peaks,
then gradually add the caster sugar, whisking until stiff and glossy.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture in two batches,
taking care not to knock out the air. Pour into the centre of the mould,
and trim the biscuits so they are level with the chocolate mixture. Chill
for at least 5 hours before serving