Are you looking for a delicious dessert that is sure to impress? Look no further than this step-by-step guide on how to make a coconut cake with caramel sauce. This delectable treat is a perfect combination of sweet and creamy flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. From the moist and fluffy cake to the creamy caramel sauce, this recipe is sure to be a hit. Follow along as we walk you through the process of creating this delightful dessert.
Making a delicious coconut cake with caramel sauce is a great way to impress your friends and family. This step-by-step guide will help you make a perfect coconut cake with caramel sauce that will be sure to please.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan. In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. In a separate bowl, beat together 1/2 cup of softened butter, 1 cup of white sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in 1 cup of shredded coconut and pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
To make the caramel sauce, melt 1/2 cup of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 cup of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of heavy cream and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool. Serve the cake with the caramel sauce drizzled over the top.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan. Combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, and coconut milk in a large bowl and mix until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool before adding the caramel sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds, ground
- 2 tablespoons water
- For the caramel sauce:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- In a bowl, mix together the two types of flour with the baking powder and soda, but also the sugar and a pinch of salt. In another bowl, mix the lemon juice with the flax seeds and water.
- Let them soak for 5 minutes then stir in the coconut milk and coconut oil. Add the dry ingredients and give it a good mix to combine well.
- Grease a round cake pan then pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375F for 30-40 minutes.
- To make the sauce: Melt the sugar in a heavy saucepan. When it has an amber color, stir in the coconut oil then pour in the water. Mix well until smooth then remove from heat.
- Serve the cake with a drizzle of caramel sauce.