- 50g/2oz pudding rice
- 50g/2oz granulated sugar
- 400g/14oz evaporated milk
- 300ml/10fl oz fresh milk
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 25g/1oz butter strawberry jam, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas mark 2. Lightly oil a large
- Sprinkle the rice and the sugar into the dish, and mix together.
- Bring the evaporated milk to the boil in a small pan, stirring
occasionally. Stir the evaporated and fresh milk into the rice, and mix
well until the rice is coated thoroughly.
- Sprinkle over the nutmeg, cover with foil and bake in the oven for
- Remove the pudding from the oven and stir well, breaking up any lumps.
Cover with the same foil. Bake in the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir well again. Dot the pudding with butter
and bake for a further 45–60 minutes until the rice is tender and a
brown skin has formed on top.
- Divide the pudding into four individual serving bowls. Top each one with
a large spoonful of jam, and serve immediately